Roll Over to really see Mii.
I'm an Associate Professor at the Departament d'Informàtica, Matemàtica Aplicada i Estadística, Universitat de Girona, SPAIN. I got my
PhD from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya under the supervision of
Xavier Pueyo and Alvar Vinacua
working on Inverse Rendering Problems.
Currently, I am the head of the Geometry and Graphics Group (GGG), part of the ViRVIG Research Center.
My main interest is related to Computer Graphics in general and Rendering Techniques and Procedural Modeling in particular. Right now I'm working on real-time rendering and Procedural Modeling techniques with special emphasis on procedural cities. From some more information on this topis and my work in general, the reader is encouraged to visit my publications page.
I'm involved, either as advisor, either as collaborator, or as coder, in a number of projects. You can find some of them here.
I lecture both undergraduate courses and Master courses. Also, I advise undergraduate final projects ("Projecte de Fi de Carrera", or "PFC") and master thesis.
I have the oportunity to work with a few of the most talented students. They are:
- Oriol Pueyo
- Lien Muguercia
- Esmitt Ramirez J. (Escuela de Computacion, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Central de Venezuela)
- Albert Juncà (Master, UPC, Barcelona, Spain)
- Ismael Garcia (Master, UdG) - Co-advised with Mateu Sbert
- Jordi Marco (Master, UdG) - Co-advised with Eric Reinhard
- Alessandra Mosca (Master, Politecnico di Torino, III Facolta di Ingegneria, Master of science in Computer and communication networks, Italy)
- Oriol Pueyo Vallet (Master, UdG)
- Carles Creus Lopez (Master, UPC, Barcelona, Spain)
- Isaac Besora Vilardaga. Co-advised with Carlos Andujar (Master, UPC, Barcelona, Spain)
- Remei Ridorsa (Master, UdG)
- Santiago Barroso Juan (Master, UdG)
- Francisco Jose Cubero. Co-advised with Albert Mas (Master, UdG)
- Ferran Roure. Co-advised with Gonzalo Besuievsky (Master, UPC)
- Albert Mas (PhD, UdG)
- Ismael Garcia (PhD, UdG)
- Francisco Gonzalez (PhD, UdG)
By the way, everybody should have his own MURPHY law. Mine is:
Law: Given a system with all its variables but one under strict control, such free variable will evolve in order to produce the largest damage possible.
And it has its logical
Corollary: When a free variable in an otherwise totally controlled system is only able to evolve in the positive direction (i.e. only producing beneficial results), it will remain stationary until further movement completely loses its meaning.
Work AddressGustavo Ariel PATOW.
Departament d'Informàtica, Matemàtica Aplicada i Estadística.
Universitat de Girona.
Despatx 235, Edifici P-IV, Campus Montilivi.
E-17071 - Girona (Girona).
tel: (+34) 972 41 88 32
fax: (+34) 972 41 87 92